Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Peter Neu <pe...@gmx.net> on 2006/11/02 09:37:42 UTC

Multiple paths to one application

Hello,

is here a way to have multiple paths configured for one apps?
Like :

Localhost/path1/servlet1

Localhost/path2/servlet2

Cheers,
Pete

Re: Multiple paths to one application

Posted by Stephan Schöffel <st...@gmx.net>.
you are right. you still have to include the webapps folder in your
path. therefore it would work this way:

localhost/myapp/path1/servlet1
localhost/myapp/path2/servlet2

i guess you had to replace the root app to have just / as your app
folder... (just as you said)

--stephan

AW: AW: Multiple paths to one application

Posted by Peter Neu <pe...@gmx.net>.
Yes, I know this reaction but what are you gonna do when you are told
Put user authentication in the DMZ, filter on an XOR basis between ip
address and password?

I did not find any better way. Besides how is it possible to connect to an
port in the intranet which is closed and only open for an fixed ip address?

Pete

Posted by Andrew Miehs <an...@2sheds.de>.

Re: Multiple paths to one application

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
actually the performance is better as you have control over what is being accessed, who is accessing and you dont have to play games with external
http servers such as IIS / Apache

M-
This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the
designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received
this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its
contents
Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by Peter Neu <pe...@gmx.net>.
This means when I configure it like this it makes no difference to just
deploying the same application twice with different paths, right?

My problem is that I have parts of my application which are restricted and
I just want to filter the path requests with the httpd server which sits
in front of tomcat so that I don't to configure any additional realms.

-Pete

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by Andrew Miehs <an...@2sheds.de>.

Re: Multiple paths to one application

Posted by Stephan Schöffel <st...@gmx.net>.
if you map them to one app in your web.xml you can have different paths
link to one app.

like:

<servlet>
        <servlet-name>MyServlet</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>my.Servlet</servlet-class>
    </servlet>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>MyServlet</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/path1/servlet1</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
<servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>MyServlet</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/path2/servlet2</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

both links would map to MyServlet ie my.Servlet.class