Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Dongsheng Song <do...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/28 02:40:13 UTC

Why $Id$ tag not take effect under subversion 1.4 ?

Both server & client are 1.4.0:

C:\wc\nova\trunk\deploy>svn pl master.xml
Properties on 'master.xml':
  svn:mime-type
  svn:keywords
  svn:eol-style

C:\wc\nova\trunk\deploy>svn pg svn:keywords master.xml
"LastChangedDate Date LastChangedRevision Revision LastChangedBy Author URL
Id"

[snippet  master.xml]
<!--
/*
 * $Id$
 * @version $LastChangedRevision$
 */
 -->
[/snippet  master.xml]

But the Id tag not modifed when master.xml commited !

Thanks for some help,

Donogsheng

Re: Why $Id$ tag not take effect under subversion 1.4 ?

Posted by Dongsheng Song <do...@gmail.com>.
> Is your XML file UTF-8 or UTF-16 (or whatever else)?

EmEditor display the master.xml file's enconding is "UTF-8 without
Signature" ,
and the $LastChangedRevision$ tag take effect.

C:\wc\nova\trunk\deploy>svn pl -v master.xml
Properties on 'master.xml':
  svn:mime-type : text/xml
  svn:keywords : "LastChangedDate Date LastChangedRevision Revision
LastChangedBy Author URL Id"
  svn:eol-style : native
**

Re: Why $Id$ tag not take effect under subversion 1.4 ?

Posted by Miha Vitorovic <mv...@nil.si>.
Actually, it works like this as well (add spaces after first/before last
quote) " LastChangedDate Date LastChangedRevision Revision LastChangedBy
Author URL Id " . I posted about it on svn-dev some time ago, but somehow
the thread died off. Maybe someone (me?) should enter a bug into tracker
:-)?

Best regards,
---
  Miha Vitorovic
  Inženir v tehničnem področju
  Customer Support Engineer

   NIL Data Communications,  Tivolska cesta 48,  1000 Ljubljana,  Slovenia
   Phone +386 1 4746 500      Fax +386 1 4746 501     http://www.NIL.si

Posted by Dongsheng Song <do...@gmail.com>.
Here is a test for tags:

$ more test.xml
<?xml version='1.0' encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.3CR3//EN"
        "../support/docbook-dtd/docbookx.dtd"

<!--
/*
 * $LastChangedDate: 2006-09-28 14:35:32 +0800 (Thu, 28 Sep 2006) $
 * $Date: 2006-09-28 14:35:32 +0800 (Thu, 28 Sep 2006) $
 * $LastChangedRevision: 12218 $
 * $Revision: 12218 $
 * $LastChangedBy: cauchy $
 * $Author: cauchy $
 * $Id$
 */
 -->
<book lang="zh-cn">
</book>

$ more test.txt
$LastChangedDate: 2006-09-28 14:37:13 +0800 (Thu, 28 Sep 2006) $
$Date: 2006-09-28 14:37:13 +0800 (Thu, 28 Sep 2006) $
$LastChangedRevision: 12219 $
$Revision: 12219 $
$LastChangedBy: cauchy $
$Author: cauchy $
$Id$

$ svn pl -v test.*
Properties on 'test.txt':
  svn:mime-type : text/plain
  svn:keywords : "LastChangedDate Date LastChangedRevision Revision
LastChangedBy Author URL Id"
  svn:eol-style : native
Properties on 'test.xml':
  svn:mime-type : text/plain
  svn:keywords : "LastChangedDate Date LastChangedRevision Revision
LastChangedBy Author URL Id"
  svn:eol-style : native

$ dpkg -l | grep -i subversion
ii  libapache2-svn                   1.4.0-2                Subversion
server modules for Apache
ii  libsvn-perl                      1.4.0-2                Perl bindings
for Subversion
ii  libsvn0                          1.4.0-2                Shared libraries
used by Subversion
ii  python-subversion                1.4.0-2                Python bindings
for Subversion
ii  subversion                       1.4.0-2                Advanced version
control system
ii  subversion-tools                 1.4.0-2                Assorted tools
related to Subversion

How to fix the Id tag ?

Thanks for some help,

Dongsheng

Re: Why $Id$ tag not take effect under subversion 1.4 ?

Posted by Eric Hanchrow <of...@blarg.net>.

    Dongsheng> C:\wc\nova\trunk\deploy>svn pg svn:keywords master.xml
    Dongsheng> "LastChangedDate Date LastChangedRevision Revision
    Dongsheng> LastChangedBy Author URL Id"

I can think of two things, both guesses:

* You've got double-quotes in there.  They shouldn't be there.

* You've got all the properties on a single line; maybe they should be
  one on each line.
--
The woods aren't any drier than they were in 2000, but there
are a lot more people with matches.