Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Rick Gutierrez <xs...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/17 19:18:12 UTC

rule for docx o xlsx

Hi list , happy holidays to all, I am trying to make this rule work
that a friend wrote in github, to be able to give a high score to
documents sent from different countries, like pakistan, china or india
, I have it in my spamassassin and I do not see it working, to see if
someone on the list helps me improve it

RuleWordORExcel.cf

mimeheader __MIME_WORDOREXCEL Content-Type =~ /msword|excel/i
header     __RELAYCOUNTRY_SPAMMY
X-Relay-Countries=~/^(RU|CN|AR|AE|CG|FR|IR|KI|PK|AU|BS|BE|BO|BT|AI|AO|BR|KH|CL|CO|CK|CU|DM|EC|US)/i

meta     WORDEXCEL_SPAMMYCOUNTRY __MIME_WORDOREXCEL && __RELAYCOUNTRY_SPAMMY
describe WORDEXCEL_SPAMMYCOUNTRY Spammy country and word/excel file
score    WORDEXCEL_SPAMMYCOUNTRY 2.0

meta     OLEMACRO_SPAMMYCOUNTRY OLEMACRO && __RELAYCOUNTRY_SPAMMY
describe OLEMACRO_SPAMMYCOUNTRY Spammy country and Office doc with Macro
score    OLEMACRO_SPAMMYCOUNTRY 2.0

This is a test from gmail, sending a word file to an account.

https://pastebin.com/bmRq7v7h

regards

--
rickygm

http://gnuforever.homelinux.com

Re: rule for docx o xlsx

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>.
Rick Gutierrez skrev den 2018-12-19 18:44:

> Hi Benny,  I am not an expert in amavisd, but I have installed a few
> and in the official documentation you can block this type of files or
> extension, but I would do it general and not on a certain pattern.

i repeat, spamassassin cant test things in deep file content scanning,
we loose

one way to solve is:

configure clamav-milter to accept all virus detected in clamav
make spamas-milter reject pattern for macro virus detected in clamav
and still reject virus in spamas-milter

or make a bug report to clamav-milter for more policy accept quarantine
reject rules

by adding more 3dr party clamav signatures one dont need spamassassin
:=)

the above is only possible if clamav multer is done before spamas-milter

if other tools is used it require more work to make work

Re: rule for docx o xlsx

Posted by Rick Gutierrez <xs...@gmail.com>.

Re: rule for docx o xlsx

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>.

Re: rule for docx o xlsx

Posted by Rick Gutierrez <xs...@gmail.com>.
El lun., 17 dic. 2018 a las 13:40, RW (<rw...@googlemail.com>) escribió:

> doesn't contain msword|excel

Hi RW , you suggest me to make the modification?

Re: rule for docx o xlsx

Posted by David B Funk <db...@engineering.uiowa.edu>.
On Mon, 17 Dec 2018, RW wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 13:18:12 -0600
> Rick Gutierrez wrote:
>
>> Hi list , happy holidays to all, I am trying to make this rule work
>> that a friend wrote in github, to be able to give a high score to
>> documents sent from different countries, like pakistan, china or india
>> , I have it in my spamassassin and I do not see it working, to see if
>> someone on the list helps me improve it
>>
>> RuleWordORExcel.cf
>>
>> mimeheader __MIME_WORDOREXCEL Content-Type =~ /msword|excel/i
>> https://pastebin.com/bmRq7v7h

> doesn't contain msword|excel

Not to mention that rule doesn't match "Application/OCTET-STREAM"

All too often I see mail clients use the catch-all MimeTyping of
"Application/OCTET-STREAM' and assume the recipient will 'do the right thing'
based on the file extension.

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

Re: rule for docx o xlsx

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.