Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Angelo Luis <an...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/07 18:57:58 UTC

:: LOAD A TEMPLATE FROM A EAR...

I'm trying to load a template from a EAR project... but i cannot undestand
why my tempalte is not load... i trying everything i kwon but with no
success

here is my code, the velocity.properties is in the war inside EAR e the
template in the ejb module in the package com.test:

velocity.propreties (in the war)

resource.loader=class
class.resource.loader.class=org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.loader.ClasspathResourceLoader
runtime.log.logsysten.class=org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.SimpleLog4JLogSystem

my code to retrive the template:

ServletContext servletContext =
((ServletContext)FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getExternalContext().getContext());

String file = servletContext.getRealPath("velocity/velocity.properties");
properties.load(new FileInputStream(file));

VelocityManager.init(properties);
Template t = VelocityManager.getTemplate("com/test/template.vm");

// create a context
Context context = ContextFactory.getInstance();

// populate with model data
ModelBean model = getModel();
context.put(model.getModelName(), model);

teh exception:

Caused by: org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable
to find resource 'com/test/template.vm'
    at org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl.loadResource
(ResourceManagerImpl.java:458)
    at org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl.getResource(
ResourceManagerImpl.java:341)
    at org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.getTemplate(
RuntimeInstance.java:831)
    at org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.getTemplate(
RuntimeInstance.java:813)
    at org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine.getTemplate(
VelocityEngine.java:470)
    at com.open.velocity.framework.VelocityManager.getTemplate(
VelocityManager.java:59)
    at com.open.velocity.framework.AbstractVelocityContentTemplate.generate(
AbstractVelocityContentTemplate.java:32)
    ... 135 more

Re: :: LOAD A TEMPLATE FROM A EAR...

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Angelo Luis" <an...@gmail.com> writes:

Hi,

what version of Velocity are you using? Could you please try one of
the 1.5 beta versions available from

http://people.apache.org/dist/jakarta/velocity/v1.5beta1/

We did a couple of fixes in the 1.5 cycle to better support EAR / J2EE
deployment so hopefully this should help you working things out.

	Best regards
		Henning

--
Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- hps@intermeta.de | J2EE, Linux,
91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540 | Apache person

          "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."