Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/16 11:06:07 UTC

Re: Fix to SCA spec issue ASSEMBLY-223

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 10:56 AM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 5:24 PM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino
> <js...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Are there any plans to apply the fix described in SCA spec ASSEMBLY-223 [1]
>> to the Tuscany SCA XML schemas?
>>
>> A diff between the OASIS CD05 schema [2] and the Tuscany 2.x trunk schema
>> [3] shows that Tuscany has applied a different fix (or workaround?) to the
>> issue reported in ASSEMBLY-223.
>>
>> I think it would be good to apply the official fix from OASIS.
>>
>> [1] http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-223
>> [2] http://docs.oasis-open.org/opencsa/sca-assembly/sca-core-1.1-cd05.xsd
>> [3]
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sca-java-2.x/trunk/modules/assembly-xsd/src/main/resources/sca-core-1.1-cd05.xsd
>>
>> Thanks
>> --
>> Jean-Sebastien
>>

> Hi Sebastien
>
> Yes, we need to move to the latest set of OASIS schema wholesale. It's
> a little difficult to tell precisely what version that is. Either
> CD05-rev1 or CD06 as they are having revision number discussions.
>
> This is going to cause some pain for a few days as we sort out the new
> features. We have been carrying a few Tuscany specific changes where
> we were getting ahead of the formal application of fixes to the OASIS
> XSD so we do need to sort those out also.
>
> I don't know how hard it's going to be yet. We need to get the latest
> XSD and give them a go. Personally I'd like us to get the otests back
> to a level of stability before doing the refresh so that we're not
> fighting too many fronts at once. There maybe limits to this as I
> expect some of the new otests depend on the new schema. At the moment
> it feels like next week will be the time to do this. Anyone else have
> thoughts?

Has anyone tried or would like to try this yet? I'm having some issues
with the jms binding schema that i wonder if might be fixed by
updating to the latest sca schemas, but your comment about it causing
pain for a few days puts me off trying it.

   ...ant

Re: Fix to SCA spec issue ASSEMBLY-223

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 10:22 AM, ant elder <an...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 2:19 PM, ant elder <an...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> As part of sorting out the jms schema issues i do now have all the
>> -rev1 versions of the schemas installed locally and the build passes
>> ok after a couple of compliance test error message updates. So i might
>> as well commit this, unless anyone wnats to hold off for some reason?
>>

> Ok done. Hudson is down at the moment so i can't verify with an
> independent build that all is ok, if somebody else could do an update
> and build to help test it that would be great.
>
>   ...ant

I've done an update and am not getting a clean build...

[INFO] Error for project: Apache Tuscany SCA iTest Distribution Legal Checks (du
ring install)
[INFO] Too many unapproved licenses: 456
[INFO] Error for project: Apache Tuscany SCA iTest JMS Message Format jmstextxml
injmsobjectout (during install)
[INFO] There are test failures.

Please refer to D:\sca-java-2.x\itest\jms\format-jmstextxmlinjmsobjectout\target
\surefire-reports for the individual test results.
[INFO] Error for project: Apache Tuscany SCA iTest WS Launcher Axis2 (during ins
tall)
[INFO] There are test failures.

Please refer to D:\sca-java-2.x\itest\ws\launcher-axis2\target\surefire-reports
for the individual test results.
[INFO] Error for project: Apache Tuscany SCA Specification Compliance Tests Asse
mbly (during install)
[INFO] There are test failures.

Please refer to D:\sca-java-2.x\compliance-tests\assembly\target\surefire-report
s for the individual test results.
[INFO] BUILD ERRORS
[INFO] Total time: 55 minutes 8 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Aug 18 14:53:31 BST 2010
[INFO] Final Memory: 174M/989M

I am though building on top of quite a few local changes. With this
changes I was clean before the update but of course it's difficult to
tell if my local changes are interaction to the new stuff in svn in
strange ways. Investigating now.

Simon

Re: Fix to SCA spec issue ASSEMBLY-223

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 2:19 PM, ant elder <an...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 10:52 AM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>>> Has anyone tried or would like to try this yet? I'm having some issues
>>> with the jms binding schema that i wonder if might be fixed by
>>> updating to the latest sca schemas, but your comment about it causing
>>> pain for a few days puts me off trying it.
>>>
>>>   ...ant
>>>

>> I think we've got back to the stage with the otests where we can give
>> this a try. They're not all passing yet but we're down to a small
>> enough number failing to allow us to assess the impact of the schema
>> change. If no one else steps up I could give it a go locally in the
>> next few days and report back here on the effect.
>>

> As part of sorting out the jms schema issues i do now have all the
> -rev1 versions of the schemas installed locally and the build passes
> ok after a couple of compliance test error message updates. So i might
> as well commit this, unless anyone wnats to hold off for some reason?
>
>   ...ant

It's OK by me. I have local changes (not specifically in the XSD) but
no way round that.

Simon

Re: Fix to SCA spec issue ASSEMBLY-223

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 1:27 PM, ant elder <an...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 9:05 PM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>

>>> Yes i see the same problem with the wireFromat.
>>>
>>> So this is a bug in the OASIS schema's right?
>>>
>>>   ...ant
>>>

>> Please make a diff of the new schemas with our current schemas as I
>> had fixed couple of these issues before. I have reported most of these
>> issues to OASIS and/or Mike but maybe some of these issues haven't
>> been applied to most recent OASIS schema.
>>

> It didn't/doesn't work with the current Tuscany versions of the schema
> either so what would the diff be of? You can see all the latest OASIS
> schema files at:
> http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/svn/sca-assembly/SCA_XSDS/
>
>   ...ant

I was thinking on diff between :
http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/svn/sca-assembly/SCA_XSDS/sca-core-1.1-cd05-rev1.xsd
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sca-java-2.x/trunk/modules/assembly-xsd/src/main/resources/sca-core-1.1-cd05.xsd

or take a look at the following revisions for the changes I had to
made to get things working at the latest schema update.

924924, 924588, 924589, 924587, 924586, 924581, 924579, 924580, 889531

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: Fix to SCA spec issue ASSEMBLY-223

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
FYI, i've raised this as a spec issue -
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bindings/201008/msg00027.html

   ...ant

Re: Fix to SCA spec issue ASSEMBLY-223

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bryan Aupperle <au...@us.ibm.com>.
This appears to be a different problem.  The element
<operationSelector.jmsDefault/> has type sca:OperationSelectType, which is
abstract (this was also true in the prior version of the binding.jms
schema).  I do not believe that an element is allowed to have an abstract
type.  The same problem exists for <wireFormat.jmsDefault/>.

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect
WW Center of Excellence for Enterprise Systems & Banking Center of
Excellence Application Integration Architect

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.