Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Stormz <ya...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/21 14:40:26 UTC

Getting the Eclipse MapReduce plugin to work (Hadoop 0.20.2)

Hi Guys,

Has anyone managed to get the eclipse plugin to work?? I downloaded the
plugin from https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-1280

and have used eclipse Helios 3.6.1 (according to comments in the JIRA this
version of eclipse should work).

I installed hadoop using the cloudera manager (everything on a single
machine). The ports I'm using to set up the hadoop location in eclipse are
the default ones set by Cloudera Manager i.e. 8020 for the NameNode and 8021
for the JobTracker.

However when I try to browse the file structure I get the following
exception:
Error: Call to localhost/127.0.0.1:8020 failed on local
exception:java.io.EOFException

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Stormz