Posted to dev@chukwa.apache.org by Alan Cabrera <li...@toolazydogs.com> on 2012/11/20 16:28:56 UTC

[VOTE] Retire the Chukwa podling

All,

The current thinking among the PPMC is that it's time to retire the Chukwa podling.  Eric is working on getting the Subversion history ported to a new home on GitHub.

Please cast your vote:

[ ] +1 to retire the Chukwa project
[ ]  0 for Don't care
[ ] -1 for No, please keep it alive (please provide arguments why)

Regards,
Alan

Re: [VOTE] Retire the Chukwa podling

Posted by Ahmed Fathalla <af...@gmail.com>.
0

--
Ahmed Fathalla

Re: [VOTE] Retire the Chukwa podling

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Alan Cabrera <li...@toolazydogs.com> wrote:

> [X ] +1 to retire the Chukwa project

Sorry, but there's been no evidence that this project is progressing
over the last three years.
I was hesitant to cast this vote, but reviewing activity makes it
pretty obvious.

  Bernd

Re: [VOTE] Retire the Chukwa podling

Posted by Alan Cabrera <ad...@toolazydogs.com>.
+1 - binding

Regards,
Alan

Re: [DISCUSS] Retire the Chukwa podling

Posted by Alan Cabrera <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
Renamed subject.

I think you bring up a valid concern.  To be sure, the infrastructure and administrative costs are negligible.  So, we don't need to worry on that account.  However, the ASF Incubator is not a place where you can hang your shingle up and hope that someday someone will wander by and be interested.

The Incubator is merely a vetting mechanism to make sure that a community has a minimal set of ducks in a row as well as proven that it is a vibrant community.

Here at Chukwa we've had not many commits beyond patches, no dev talk, and no releases.  That's the problem.

A +1 is not a judgement on the technology or its developers.  It is a simple recognition that Chukwa, for what ever reason, has been unable to generate an active community.

Regards,
Alan

Posted by 唐 颖 <iv...@gmail.com>.
0