Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Martin Scott Nicklous <Sc...@de.ibm.com> on 2014/10/08 14:30:46 UTC

V2URLTests module - TCK / RI status

I pushed the completed JSR 362 TCK V2URLTests module to the Apache repo.

The tests uncovered some issues, see:

PLUTO-635 - TCK: BaseURL#setParameter(String, String) does not accept a
null value
PLUTO-636 - TCK: BaseURL#setParameter(String, String[]) does not accept a
null value
PLUTO-637 - TCK: BaseURL#setSecure does not work properly
PLUTO-638 - TCK: ResourceURL#getCachebility() returns an invalid value
(null)
PLUTO-639 - TCK: Use of a PortletURLGenerationListener causes
ResourceURL#write() method to produce invalid resource URLs

After double-checking the test implementation, I believe that these are
bugs in Pluto. These issues cause 12 out of 139 URL tests to fail.

Here is an updated summary of the TCK work so that everyone knows
where we stand. This work addresses the JSR 286 compatibility portion of
the JSR 362 TCK.

Statistics:
===========
Defined test cases:           5827
Failing Tcs:                  2287
Successfully executing Tcs:   3539

... so on a purely numeric basis, we're about 60% complete.

Module                             Status
=========================          ==============
TestModule1-3                    - done
V2AddlEnvironmentTests           - work in progress (Neil)
V2AddlFilterTests                - to be implemented
V2AddlPortletTests               - to be implemented
V2AddlRequestTests               - to be implemented
V2AddlResponseTests              - to be implemented
V2AddlUrlTests                   - to be implemented
V2AnnotationTests                - to be implemented
V2DispatcherReqRespTests1-4      - done
V2DispatcherReqRespTests5S       - to be implemented
V2DispatcherTests 1,2,4,5,6      - done
V2DispatcherTests3S              - to be implemented
V2EnvironmentTests               - to be implemented
V2ExceptionTests                 - wip (David)
V2FilterTests                    - to be implemented
V2PortletTagLibraryTests1-3      - wip (David)
V2PortletTests                   - to be implemented
V2RequestTests                   - wip (Scott)
V2ResponseTests                  - wip (Scott)
V2SigTests*                      - done
V2URLTests                       - done
V2WrapperTests                   - done
("scenario" tests, if we want / need them) - to be defined / implemented

If you feel inclined to help, you could do so by picking one of the modules
marked "to be implemented" and implementing the test cases. The code for
each module contains comments with the test case descriptions, so the work
should hopefully be self-explanatory. If you have questions about a test
case or about the process, you can post to the mailing list or contact me
directly.

thanks,
Scott