Posted to users@camel.apache.org by pannereselvam <pa...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/06 10:08:54 UTC

Router with DSL

Hi, we are new to camel. Have
Question 1: Reg DSL(java, Spring). Can we combine both DSL in same
application. if yes how can we link if we want to connect these routers?
Question 2: Can we configure two camel context in same mc and one a router
from each context?

Much appriciated your response and the time you spend for this!!!

-Panneer

Re: Router with DSL

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Yes.

Best,
Christian

Re: Router with DSL

Posted by boday <be...@initekconsulting.com>.
sure, there are various options for this often referred to as inter-bundle
communication because many face this issue when using OSGi bundles to deploy
multiple Camel apps to a single JVM (Karaf, etc)

the VM transport (http://camel.apache.org/vm.html) can be used to
communicate between contexts in the same VM, also JMS and HTTP can be used
across any container boundaries...it really comes down to your applications
specific requirements

also here is an old blog entry about this topic in the context of OSGI:
http://www.consulting-notes.com/2010/08/osgi-bundle-communication-options.html

pannereselvam wrote
> Great boday!
>
> Is it possible to communicate between two contexts.
> I m from J2EE background, in tomcat container, each web application has
> unique context. So we can deploy many application in the same container.
> Is it same in Camel ?
>
> Thanks again..

-----
Ben O'Day
IT Consultant -http://consulting-notes.com

Re: Router with DSL

Re: Router with DSL

Posted by boday <be...@initekconsulting.com>.
sure, assuming you are bootstrapping the contexts with Spring, just include
multiple camel-context.xml files (or add multiple contexts to a single file)
and make sure you give the contexts explicit bean IDs so they can be
referenced later...

pannereselvam wrote

Re: Router with DSL

Posted by pannereselvam <pa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks boday...

can multiple context exists in same single container?

Re: Router with DSL

Posted by boday <be...@initekconsulting.com>.
#1 - yes, you can use both Spring XML to define routes and also include
RouteBuilders that define JavaDSL routes via bean refs or packageScan (see
http://camel.apache.org/spring.html)

#2 - yes, you can use multiple Camel Contexts in any container

pannereselvam wrote

-----