Posted to dev@livy.apache.org by Saisai Shao <sa...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/17 07:34:22 UTC

Help to verify Apache Livy 0.4.0-incubating release

Hi all,

We're under progress to make a first Apache release of Livy
(0.4.0-incubating), we really hope you could verify the RC2[1] release
(binary and source) locally and return us the feedbacks.

We will call for an incubation vote next week if everything is fine.

Thanks a lot for your help.

[1]https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/livy/0.4.0-incubating/

Best regards,
Saisai (Jerry) Shao

Re: Help to verify Apache Livy 0.4.0-incubating release

Posted by Saisai Shao <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Meisam, can you please open a JIRA to track this issue?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Bozarth <aj...@us.ibm.com>.

From:	Meisam Fathi <me...@gmail.com>
To:	dev@livy.incubator.apache.org
Date:	08/22/2017 10:00 AM
Subject:	Re: Help to verify Apache Livy 0.4.0-incubating release

 .

Re: Help to verify Apache Livy 0.4.0-incubating release

Posted by Meisam Fathi <me...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Bozarth <aj...@us.ibm.com>.
@luciano what the apache way for dist naming?

As for verboseness, Spark dist naming is just spark-[version]-[src].tar so
I like your second suggestion that follows that convention.

Also based on Marcelo's email, I'm fine leaving them as zip if there was a
reason for it. It doesn't make a real difference.

 Alex Bozarth
 Software Engineer
 Spark Technology Center

 E-mail: ajbozart@us.ibm.com
 GitHub: github.com/ajbozarth
                                                                   505 Howard Street
                                                             San Francisco, CA 94105
                                                                       United States

From:	Saisai Shao <sa...@gmail.com>
To:	dev@livy.incubator.apache.org
Date:	08/17/2017 11:30 PM
Subject:	Re: Help to verify Apache Livy 0.4.0-incubating release

I changed the package name to to
apache-livy-0.4.0-incubating-[src/bin].zip, please check if it is OK (
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/livy/0.4.0-incubating/).

Posted by Saisai Shao <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com>.
On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 6:37 PM, Saisai Shao <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For tgz or zip packge, I'm OK with either, do we have specific concern on
> that?

I remember MS guys had some issue with the tgz package in the past and
we changed it to zip with an option to generate tgz. You might want to
look at the history to see what happened.

--
Marcelo

Re: Help to verify Apache Livy 0.4.0-incubating release

Posted by Saisai Shao <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Bozarth <aj...@us.ibm.com>.

From:	Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com>
To:	dev@livy.incubator.apache.org
Cc:	user@livy.incubator.apache.org
Date:	08/17/2017 11:21 AM
Subject:	Re: Help to verify Apache Livy 0.4.0-incubating release

--
Marcelo

Re: Help to verify Apache Livy 0.4.0-incubating release

Posted by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com>.
Looks good.

--
Marcelo

Re: Help to verify Apache Livy 0.4.0-incubating release

Posted by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com>.
Looks good.

--
Marcelo