Posted to users@maven.apache.org by John Coleman <jo...@eurobase-international.com> on 2008/05/21 10:25:53 UTC

NetBeans6.0 mavenide plugin 3.1.1

Hi,

One of our developers just reinstalled Netbeans6.0 and as a consequence
pickud up the latest Maven plugin 3.1.1. Now his builds don't work
because the active profile set in his settings.xml is ignored in
preference to the active profile in the profiles.xml. Previously the
settings in settings.xml always took priority.

So what has changed, and how do we rectify this problem?

TIA,
John

Eurobase International Limited and its subsidiaries (Eurobase) are unable to exercise control over the content of information in E-Mails. Any views and opinions expressed may be personal to the sender and are not necessarily those of Eurobase. Eurobase will not enter into any contractual obligations in respect of any part of its business in any E-mail.

Privileged / confidential information may be contained in this message and /or any attachments. This E-mail is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and may contain confidential information. If you are not the / an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use or dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you receive this transmission in error, please notify us immediately, and then delete this E-mail.

Neither the sender nor Eurobase accepts any liability whatsoever for any defects of any kind either in or arising from this E-mail transmission. E-Mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free, as messages can be intercepted, lost, corrupted, destroyed, contain viruses, or arrive late or incomplete. Eurobase does not accept any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan any attachments.

Eurobase Systems Limited is the main trading company in the Eurobase International Group; registered in England and Wales as company number 02251162; registered address: Essex House, 2 County Place, Chelmsford, Essex CM2 0RE, UK.

Re: NetBeans6.0 mavenide plugin 3.1.1

Posted by Milos Kleint <mk...@gmail.com>.
On 5/21/08, John Coleman <jo...@eurobase-international.com> wrote:
> Hi Milos,
>
>  In profiles.xml we have an active profile called DEVTST that has a
>  property buildNumber.check as true, but in settings.xml we have activate
>  a profile called MYPROFILE that has buildNumber.check false. We do this
>  so that the buildnumber plugin doesn't check for developers, but does in
>  continuum.

I'm not sure if something changed here, but it would be in maven
itself, not the maven integration in netbeans.
However I'd say your setup is somewhat non-standard in a way. I've
always assumed profiles.xml files are private in a sense they don't
get commited to svn. With that in mind it seems natural to me that the
global private settings in settings.xml are overriden by project
specific settings from profiles.xml.

I'd say if you want to have continuum to build it with checks on, that
should be the "default" in the sense it's in a profile that is
activated by default or is not in the profile at all, but in pom.xml
in non-profile section. then your settings.xml settings would kick in
and skip the checks and continuum (or anyone else for that matter)
would by default include the check in the process.

>  It used to be the case that the property value in the settings.xml was
>  applied, but now it seems the profiles.xml value takes precedence. I
>  even used the new configuration dialog to activate the MYPROFILE, yet
>  the property gets its value from DEVTST.
>
>  I hope that is clear. We also seem to of found that a load of the
>  artifacts in the repositories could not be accessed until the
>  configuration dialog was used to choose a profile, even artifacts from
>  previously reliable external repos don't get found?

hmm.. that's strange. Not sure if it's a problem in maven, mevenide or
your setup. if you have a sample application that documents the
problem, please file an issue, i'll look into it.

Milos

Posted by John Coleman <jo...@eurobase-international.com>.
Hi Milos,

Posted by Milos Kleint <mk...@gmail.com>.
On 5/21/08, John Coleman <jo...@eurobase-international.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  One of our developers just reinstalled Netbeans6.0 and as a consequence
>  pickud up the latest Maven plugin 3.1.1. Now his builds don't work
>  because the active profile set in his settings.xml is ignored in
>  preference to the active profile in the profiles.xml. Previously the
>  settings in settings.xml always took priority.

you mean the settings.xml profiles are not active when loading the
project or when building? that would be a bug. However I'm not sure