Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net> on 2002/10/07 18:09:58 UTC

Re: How to change struts log level when using it with Tomcat 4.1. x?

<buzz/> guess again ;-) Nowadays, since commons logging is used, that
setting in web.xml is for backward compatability - and I don't think it
does *anything*.

I gather you're trying to get some more detail? Seems to me you may be
able to create "commons-logging.properties" in your top-level classes
directory, and specify something like:
org.apache.struts=DEBUG

I haven't attempted to configure just commons logging though. If you're
either using Log4J or you're under JDK1.4 (and using the JDK 1.4
logger), you can mention the package (you can get as fine-grained as to
specify a given class) in a different logging config file
(log4j.properties for log4j and ... you probably don't want to use the
default one under JDK1.4 - hit Sun's site to see how to use a different
file).

Of course, you could always take the "easy" way out and just hack the
source ;-) (if you think learning to configure logging is too big a
pain!) but I'd figure out how to control it with your logging properties
- it's a lot fast/easier/dependable ;-)

--
Eddie Bush