Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by James Moxley <wh...@hotmail.com> on 2010/09/15 23:02:35 UTC

Deleting databases with illegal charaters after upgrade

Hello,
CouchDB Noob here,

I originally installed coucdb 0.10.0 on ubuntu using apt-install.
Then tried to uninstall it, then installed the latest 1.01, however all the old databases show within futon as 0.10.0/sofa for example. I have tried deleting using curl and futon but it prompts with an invalid db name, the db must start with a letter.
Has anyone encountered this? The old databases were just samples, so they can be deleted.

Thanks for reading, J

Re: Deleting databases with illegal charaters after upgrade

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@gmail.com>.
Did your old installation have a db directory path ending in 0.10.0? Check
your .ini files and make sure the database directory contains the .couch
files at the top level.

If that's not the problem we can dig deeper.