Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by janw <ja...@gmx.de> on 2006/07/13 10:05:30 UTC

Tab switch by click on button

Hello,

I use the panelTabbedPane with client-side Tab switch.
Is it possible to switch the active tab by clicking an own button different
from the tab header buttons? (example in attached image)
The purpose is to lead the user step-by-step through a process for which the
user has to enter data in several tabs. Providing a striking "Next"-button,
the usability would be much improved.

I would need the onClick event on this button to have the same function call
as the tab header itself. But this is sth dynamically generated like

onclick="return
myFaces_showPanelTab(3,'content:_idJsp27:_idJsp29_indexSubmit','content:_idJsp27:_idJsp165_headerCell','content:_idJsp27:_idJsp165',...

Jan http://www.nabble.com/user-images/3193.jpg
Sent from the MyFaces - Users forum at Nabble.com.