Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Ron McNulty <rm...@xtra.co.nz> on 2009/06/27 07:18:58 UTC

Accessing user security attributes in a theme

Hi All

I need to access user.given.name and friends in a custom theme - this is to
allow me to display "Logged in as Joe Smith" in the theme. There is good
documentation for how to do so in portlet code, but not for in a theme.

Obviously I need to put the code in header.vm of my decoration layout, but
have not yet found a way that works (is it possible to debug velocity
code?). I can get the user login ID using the same code as other themes, but
not the security attributes.

Does anyone have a working code snippet?

Regards

Ron

Re: Accessing user security attributes in a theme

Posted by Roberto Rossi <ro...@cone.it>.
>>From a previous post:

http://portals.markmail.org/search/?q=user+manager+decorator#query:user%
20manager%20decorator+page:1+mid:afy3kicsd4wj5xlo+state:results

The only way I found to achieve this is rendering a portlet instance in
a decorator (for user specific informations):

$jetspeed.renderPortletEntity("p_entity_id","<webapp>::<portletname>")

In this way you can embed a portlet inside a decorator using the
Jetspeed Power Tool.

Hope this helps.
ROb