Posted to users@airflow.apache.org by Reed Villanueva <rv...@ucera.org> on 2019/11/30 01:27:26 UTC

Can you edit a dag while an instance is running?

Can you edit a dag while an instance is running?
Suppose I have a somedag.py in AIRFLOW_HOME/dags/ and trigger it. Then
while it is running, I replace all the code in somedag.py with something
else. Does the current dag run error out?
Asking because it appears that something like this just happened, where it
appears that the running dag just stopped mid run when I edited the dag
definition .py file and I can see in the graph view in the webserver UI
that there are some branches that just never ran (no failure or skipped
color indications).
Are dag definition files continually read as the dag runs (which I don't
think is normal for python scripts:
https://stackoverflow.com/a/5296992/8236733) or something?

--
This electronic message is intended only for the named
recipient, and may
contain information that is confidential or
privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or
use of the contents of this message is strictly
prohibited. If
you have received this message in error or are not the
named
recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the
sender at
the electronic mail address noted above, and delete
and destroy all copies
of this message. Thank you.