Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by sunil kalva <ka...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/20 07:47:19 UTC

running kafka/zookeeper running locally

Hi
Any one tried running zookeeper and kafka locally , which can be useful for
automating the test cases for API built on kafka ?

SunilKalva

Re: running kafka/zookeeper running locally

Posted by Ashutosh Kumar <km...@gmail.com>.
I have installed on local instance of ubuntu and it works fine.

Posted by sunil kalva <ka...@gmail.com>.
Kjeltore
Is is possible to share you code base for doing this ?

Posted by Kjell Tore Fossbakk <kj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maciej Jaśkowski <ma...@gmail.com>.
I creatively reused this code to have embedded kafka and zookeeper
working for test purposes:

https://github.com/apache/samza/blob/master/samza-test/src/test/scala/org/apache/samza/test/integration/TestStatefulTask.scala

Works like a charm!

MJ

--

Twitter: @mjaskowski

Re: running kafka/zookeeper running locally

Posted by sunil kalva <sa...@gmail.com>.
Warren

Posted by Warren Henning <wa...@gmail.com>.