Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jorge Medina <jm...@e-dialog.com> on 2008/09/03 21:44:13 UTC

[users@httpd] Using Oracle and mod_authn_dbd

Hi,
   I will appreciate any help on building Apache (2.2.8) to be able to
use an Oracle database using basic authentication through the module
mod_authn_dbd

   Do I need to build my own APR and APR-util? Can I use the included
APR in Apache? If so, how do I tell that I require support for Oracle?

-Jorge

Re: [users@httpd] Using Oracle and mod_authn_dbd

Posted by Bradley Giesbrecht <br...@pixilla.com>.
> Hi,
>   I will appreciate any help on building Apache (2.2.8) to be able to
> use an Oracle database using basic authentication through the module
> mod_authn_dbd
>
>   Do I need to build my own APR and APR-util? Can I use the included
> APR in Apache? If so, how do I tell that I require support for Oracle?
>
> -Jorge

I don't have direct experience with what you want to do but I offer
this up in case it's new to you.

When I used Oracle with PHP and Apache I used the Oracle Instant Client:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/notes/technote_php_instant.html

If you haven't seen this check it out:
http://www.orafaq.com/faqhttp.htm

//Brad