Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by benchu yao <ya...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/24 05:49:29 UTC

Question about connecting centos through rdp and vnc

Install xrdp and vncserver on centos7, and then use the rdp or vnc protocol
to connect remotely many times,after that  the centos server login becomes
difficult.
It used to take 2s to log in successfully through the ssh protocol, but now
it may take 60s. The rdp and vnc protocols can no longer be used, and often
need to restart the virtual machine to resolve

When I say that I have logged in to the centos7 system through the rdp and
vnc protocols many times, it means no more than 50 times, maybe only 20
times, and each time does not exceed half an hour.

 Of course, I connected via guacamole

I want to ask if you have such a problem. Is it a problem with my operating
system?

Re: Question about connecting centos through rdp and vnc

Posted by ivanmarcus <iv...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Do you mean on the Guacamole server?

If so the Guacamole manual lays it out:

https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/ - Chapt 2 in particular.

In case it's of any interest I posted an install procedure for Guacamole
1.1.0 on a fresh Ubuntu 18.04 load. I realise it's not CENTOS (sorry),
but it'd be reasonably easy to spin up a VM and test... Although I've
not tried it with VNC it should work, however it works fine with RDP to
Winboxen and exhibits none of the issues you mention. I can't comment on
connections to XRDP, I've never tried it:

In general use over the past two or three years I've not had any issues
at all, except for one related to RAM. I see others have commented
similarly and I would concur that increasing RAM allocation  may assist.
I have 2Gb allocated to my VM's, this serves a total of ~60 users well,
with a max of 5-9 concurrent connections.

Posted by benchu yao <ya...@gmail.com>.

Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org> 于2020年2月25日周二 上午10:27写道:

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.

Posted by benchu yao <ya...@gmail.com>.