Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ya...@msn.com on 2009/05/01 07:21:48 UTC

Problem with Spring plugin

Hi,

I'm having some problems using Struts2 and the Spring plugin using Tomcat.
I'm using Struts 2.1.6 (and its appropriate plugin) and Spring Framework
2.5.6.SEC1 (spring.jar).
When I try to add the listener to web.xml like so:
<listener>

<listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
	</listener-class>
</listener>

I get the following exception:

SEVERE: Exception starting filter struts2
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.DependencyException: Could not find a
suitable constructor in org.apache.struts2.spring.StrutsSpringObjectFactory.
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerBuilder$4.create(ContainerBuilder.ja
va:132)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.Scope$2$1.create(Scope.java:51)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl.getInstance(ContainerImpl.java:
507)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl.getInstance(ContainerImpl.java:
517)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl$9.call(ContainerImpl.java:548)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl.callInContext(ContainerImpl.jav
a:574)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl.getInstance(ContainerImpl.java:
546)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.impl.DefaultConfiguration.reloadContainer(Def
aultConfiguration.java:182)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.ConfigurationManager.getConfiguration(Configu
rationManager.java:55)
	at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.init_PreloadConfiguration(Dispatche
r.java:360)
	at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.init(Dispatcher.java:403)
	at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.init(FilterDispatcher.java:19
0)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.getFilter(ApplicationFilter
Config.java:275)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.setFilterDef(ApplicationFil
terConfig.java:397)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.<init>(ApplicationFilterCon
fig.java:108)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.filterStart(StandardContext.java:37
09)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4363)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:719)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:516)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:578)
	at
)
	at
.java:25)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException:
com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.DependencyException: Could not find a
suitable constructor in org.apache.struts2.spring.StrutsSpringObjectFactory.
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl.inject(ContainerImpl.java:495)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl$7.call(ContainerImpl.java:532)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl.callInContext(ContainerImpl.jav
a:581)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl.inject(ContainerImpl.java:530)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.impl.LocatableFactory.create(LocatableFactory
.java:32)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerBuilder$4.create(ContainerBuilder.ja
va:130)
	... 29 more
Caused by: com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.DependencyException: Could not
find a suitable constructor in
org.apache.struts2.spring.StrutsSpringObjectFactory.
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl$ConstructorInjector.findConstru
ctorIn(ContainerImpl.java:386)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl$ConstructorInjector.<init>(Cont
ainerImpl.java:319)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl$5.create(ContainerImpl.java:305
)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl$5.create(ContainerImpl.java:304
)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.util.ReferenceCache$CallableCreate.call(Refer
enceCache.java:150)
	at
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.util.ReferenceCache.internalCreate(ReferenceC
ache.java:76)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.util.ReferenceCache.get(ReferenceCache.java:1
16)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl.getConstructor(ContainerImpl.ja
va:594)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl.inject(ContainerImpl.java:491)
	... 34 more

Thanks!
Yaron

Re: Problem with Spring plugin

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
Are you sure that's the right jar? I could be wrong, but version
number makes me think that you could be grabbing the OSGI-ified spring
jar.

-Wes

Wes Wannemacher
Author - Struts 2 In Practice
http://www.manning.com/wannemacher

Re: Problem with Spring plugin

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Dave Newton wrote:
>> that's the set of jars that came with the struts 2.1.6 release.
> That doesn't they'll work
               ^ mean

Dave

Re: Problem with Spring plugin

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
YaronGo wrote:
> Okay, I get extra points for stupidity here. Instead of adding the plugin to
> the WEB-INF/lib, I put it in the tomcat lib path.

That'll do it ;)

Dave

Re: Problem with Spring plugin

Posted by YaronGo <ya...@msn.com>.
Okay, I get extra points for stupidity here. Instead of adding the plugin to
the WEB-INF/lib, I put it in the tomcat lib path.

Sorry for the bother!
(works now)

Posted by YaronGo <ya...@msn.com>.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by YaronGo <ya...@msn.com>.
I agree, nevertheless that's the set of jars that came with the struts 2.1.6
release.
I would assume that version 2.0.8 would have worked. Maybe it's a problem
with the plugin, but again, I'm using the plugin that comes with struts
2.1.6...

Thoughts?

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by YaronGo <ya...@msn.com>.
I'm using the spring.jar file from Spring Framework's dist directory. I also
tried using version 2.08, and using spring-core.jar, spring-web.jar,
spring-context.jar and spring-beans.jar from the modules directory instead
of spring.jar, but got the same results.

I tried instead to use the spring jars that came with the struts
distribution (spring-context-2.5.3.jar, spring-core-2.0.8.jar,
spring-beans-2.5.3.jar, spring-web-2.5.3.jar) and got the following:

SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of
class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/core/SmartClassLoader

When I tried to find that class in any those jars, I came up blank.

Ideas?

Thanks!
YaronGo