Posted to scm-dev@maven.apache.org by ibaca <ig...@bacamt.com> on 2008/11/12 20:14:12 UTC

Plugin dependencies best practices?

I need integrate bazaar with release plugin, continuum, SCM plugin and
m2eclpse plugin in different environment/computers. Bazaar SCM provider
(1.1) is at very early stage. I need improve maven-scm-provider-bazaar.

I don't know how configure my environment to use my provider version
(1.1.1). For example, to configure maven-scm I need modify maven-scm-api,
maven-scm-plugin and maven-scm-providers POM's to point my bazaar provider
SNAPSHOT version. Later, I need modify also release plugin, because point to
different maven-scm-plugin... and again, if I modify release version, maybe
I need modify some continuum call to point my new release plugin version...

I try use exclude constraint and version dependencies but it's impossible
(at least with my knowledge).¿How can I configure my environment to use a
different maven-scm-provider-bazaar? ¿it’s better start new provider?

And…
¿How can I print the final version/dependency used by a plugin (e.g If I
launch "mvn release:prepare" in a project)? Because –X options, show all
dependencies, but it’s impossible to know which version it’s finally used, I
don't know use dependencies inside other execution.

--
Sorry about my English.