Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Ryan Peter F <Pe...@JohnDeere.com> on 2003/07/10 23:30:35 UTC

RE: [VELTOOLS] build and javadoc with 1.3.1 fails

>I'm not suggesting anything - I'm just asking, can ant do this? I'm
>curiuos. :-P

Ant can do this. It is simple enough to query ant for the JVM in use. From
there the classpath being specified by the javac task can be changed
depending if the JVM is less than 1.4

>as a general principle, i prefer to give people one more reason to
>upgrade instead of taking on hackish workarounds like this.  we don't want
>abandon them, but why pander to them?

i am constantly forced by external factors i have no control over to use
older jvms such as corporate policies at clients, other 3rd party products
with their own dependencies, etc. i don't believe adding an intelligent ant
task to correctly set the classpath is "pandering".

peter