Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bing Zhang <BZ...@7thonline.com> on 2002/06/14 17:46:22 UTC

A performance issue about Apache/Tomcat on NT.

Hi all:

	I'm new to this email list, and my question may appear old or
innocent to you.  Anyway, here is my question.

	I have an envoronment with Apache 1.2/Tomcat 3.1 running on NT4.0
servers.  Yes, it's kinda old.  The behavior is after the web/app servers
were on for a period of time, let's say, 20 days,  it's getting slower.
And now,  the time for it's getting slower becomes shorter, it's like 3
days.

	I don't know if it's something special for Apache/Tomcat on NT
server box or it even happens on Unix flavors.   Is it due to memory leak,
or some other problems/bugs of Apache/Tomcat, JVM , NT ??   I need help.

	I hope someone can point out to me where the problem(s) is, and
what's the best solution.   Maybe all the related bugs have been fixed in
more recent releases of Tomcat/Apache/NT SPs ??

	Any info would be helpful.  Thanks.

	Bing