Posted to user@struts.apache.org by wwwclaes <ti...@hotmail.com> on 2008/01/01 17:06:53 UTC

WW2.1.7 to S2: Most S2 tags fails to retrieve values

Hi, I'm porting an old WW 2.1.7 application to S2. This is a bit confusing,
but I'm on my way and have managed to get it up and running with limited
functionality. One of my major problems right now is that most S2 tags do no
longer get their values.

The rendering of s:textfield contains the name of the value attribute
instead of its underlying value, eg mailAddress instead of john.doe@foo.com.

The rendering of s:select is always empty, instead of filled with options as
it is supposed to be (and was in WW 2.1.7).

Some S2 tags DO retrieve their values, eg an explicit <select> with
s:property in an s:iterator loop is correctly filled with its options.

For some additional clues; the application uses Velocity so I added
"struts.ui.templateSuffix=vm" to struts.properties. If I remove that, the
GUI gets somewhat messy but s:select suddenly get their values (doesn't help
for s:textfield though).

I'm lost in Struts territory. Anyone that can help me out?

Thanks,
Claes

Re: WW2.1.7 to S2: Most S2 tags fails to retrieve values

Posted by wwwclaes <ti...@hotmail.com>.
Just a quick followup to my own post, in case anyone is interested.

The Velocity templates have been moved in S2 to "template/archive", so most
of my problems were solved by setting
"struts.ui.templateDir=template/archive" and moving my application templates
to "template/archive" as well (that way the non-overridden templates could
be located, I guess).

The s:textfield problems were solved by removing the value attribute from
<s:textfield name="XXX" value="XXX">, this works in WW 2.1.7 but not in S2
where the value is taken literally.

/Claes