Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rob Levin <li...@yahoo.com> on 2008/02/24 09:36:44 UTC

Is there a Connection Pool/Data Source Monitor Tool

Sorry if this is a silly question but is there a monitor tool specifically for connection pooling/dataSources in tomcat6? I have debug=5:
<Context path="/myapp" docBase="myapp"
     debug="5" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">

Do I need to change that to debug=0 to get what I'm after or does that just make it more verbose? What I'd really like to see is how many connection are active or idle, etc., at any given time. Some sort of monitoring tool, something like linux 'top' command would be great. Any suggestions? Thanks all.

A Java Programmer who loves Linux - linjava@yahoo.com

---------------------------------

Re: Is there a Connection Pool/Data Source Monitor Tool

Posted by Dan Armbrust <da...@gmail.com>.
To answer my own question, it looks like jfreechart.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jfreechart

Posted by Rob Levin <li...@yahoo.com>.
Mark, thanks so much! I just installed it (in about 5 seconds!), and I've got to  say 'Probe rocks!' Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. This gives me what I asked for but much much more ;)

Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote: Rob Levin wrote:
> Sorry if this is a silly question but is there a monitor tool specifically for connection pooling/dataSources in tomcat6? I have debug=5:

Not specifically for connection pools but I would use the excellent lambdaprobe
http://www.lambdaprobe.org/

It does everything you want and a whole lot more.

Mark

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.