Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Jeremyau <ja...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/02 20:04:06 UTC

TomEE in Stackato

Hi!

I work for ActiveState company. We've choosed to integrate TomEE in our PaaS
Stackato and it rocks! Thanks for your great work and your help when I
needed.

http://www.activestate.com/blog/2012/08/stackato-20-and-apache-tomee
http://www.activestate.com/blog/2012/08/stackato-20-and-apache-tomee

Cheers,
Jeremy

Re: TomEE in Stackato

Posted by zeeman <ha...@fastmail.us>.
PMing you. Thanks for the detailed answer.

Re: TomEE in Stackato

Posted by Jeremyau <ja...@gmail.com>.
To answer to Z:

*Does Stackato offer DB (Postgres):*
Yes. Stackato can automatically set up PostgreSQL databases (or MySQL, or
Redis, or Mongodb) when you deploy your application.

*and Tomee clustering/failover/load balancing in the cloud?*
You can your app to multiple instances (each in its own Linux container) and
Stackato's router will load balance between instances running in a cluster
of VMs. If one of the instances (or the VM that hosts it) goes down,
Stackato has a Health Manager component that will notify the Cloud
Controller which will launch a new instance on a healthy VM.

*Which providers (Amazon, Rackspace, etc....)*
There are images available on Amazon EC2 (v2.0) and HP Cloud Services
(v1.2.6 currently, v2.0 coming soon) plus any cloud hosting provider or
hypervisor that will allow you to import our VM images:
http://www.activestate.com/stackato/download_vm
http://www.activestate.com/stackato/download_vm

*What does Stackato offer over just using cloud services from Amazon?*
Lots. A Stackato system (be it a single instance, or a cluster) is Platform
as a Service software. It does all of application setup for you.
http://www.activestate.com/stackato/features
http://www.activestate.com/stackato/features

*Why is not there any pricing info no the site?*
There are some variables with the pricing model, including the scale of the
deployment. Contact stackato-sales@activestate.com They’d be pleased to
speak with you regarding your objectives, your scenario in terms of #/type
of applications you plan to deploy, and they can provide insight into the
pricing model and variables.

If you have questions about Stackato, I think it would be better if you pm
me or if you contact sales@activestate.com as this forum/mailing list is
about TomEE. :)

Jeremy

Re: TomEE in Stackato

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Great to hear it!

Thanks to give us some feedback :)

- Romain

Re: TomEE in Stackato

Re: TomEE in Stackato

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
Saw that announcement go out.  Very excellent!

Fantastic to see this kind of adoption of TomEE.

-David