Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Mal Aware <aw...@gmail.com> on 2021/10/18 19:10:32 UTC

Stream Expression "Failed to load JDBC driver"

Hello,

I was reading the following SOLR reference (
https://solr.apache.org/guide/8_10/stream-source-reference.html#jdbc-syntax)
and was curious to try out the functionality, but unfortunately no matter
what I tried I would always receive the same error: *"EXCEPTION": "Failed
to load JDBC driver for 'org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver'"*.

In order to make sure that the Jar files were loaded, they were copied to
the "dist" directory and were added into the "solrconfig.xml" files of the
launched SOLR nodes. The following xml line was used: *<lib
path="${solr.install.dir:../../../..}/dist/hsqldb-2.4.0.jar" />*

After modifying the "solrconfig.xml" files, the solr server was run in both
a standalone mode using "-e dih" (because it comes by default with a node
requiring the hsql driver), as well as "-e cloud" to test the functionality
in Cloud mode, but they both resulted in the above exception.

Does anyone know how to properly import the jdbcDriver in order for the
Stream component to see it?

Thanks,
Mal

Re: Stream Expression "Failed to load JDBC driver"

Posted by Deepak Goel <de...@gmail.com>.
Hello

I think you need to use "org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcDriver" instead of "
org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver".

Deepak
"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated
- Mahatma Gandhi"

+91 73500 12833
deicool@gmail.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/deicool