Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Geoffrey De Smet <ge...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/10 19:43:10 UTC

Does javadoc aggregation have any know classpath issues?

Here's my javadoc configuration for our project
(http://spring-rich-c.sf.net):

             <plugin>
                 <version>2.0</version>
                 <configuration>
                     <!-- Aggregate doesn't work due to classpath (or
sourcepath?) issues in javadoc plugin 2.0 -->
                     <aggregate>true</aggregate>
                     <links>

<link>http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api</link>

<link>http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/1.2.x/api</link>
                     </links>
                 </configuration>
             </plugin>

But when I run this I get an error, but if I remove the
<aggregate>true</aggregate> tag, it works.
It looks like the dependencies on my modules aren't supplied to the
javadoc tool. There doesn't seem to be a JIRA issue.
Here's the error:

Generating
d:/projects/sf/spring-richclient/target/site/apidocs\serialized-form.html...
22 errors
301 warnings
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error during page generation

Embedded error: Error rendering Maven report: Exit code: 1 -
d:/projects/sf/spring-richclient/support/src/main/java/org/
springframework/binding/form/FormModel.java:18: package
org.springframework.beans does not exist
import org.springframework.beans.InvalidPropertyException;
                                  ^
d:/projects/sf/spring-richclient/support/src/main/java/org/springframework/binding/form/FormModel.java:19:
package org.s
pringframework.binding.convert does not exist
import org.springframework.binding.convert.Converter;
                                            ^

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet

Re: Does javadoc aggregation have any know classpath issues?

Posted by Mathias Brökelmann <mb...@googlemail.com>.
have you tested it with the patch for
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVADOC-72?

2006/9/10, Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>:
> On 9/10/06, Geoffrey De Smet <ge...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > But when I run this I get an error, but if I remove the
> > <aggregate>true</aggregate> tag, it works.
> > It looks like the dependencies on my modules aren't supplied to the
> > javadoc tool. There doesn't seem to be a JIRA issue.
>
> The issue for this may have been closed already, but the problem is
> still there.  We get the same sort of error if we try to aggregate the
> Javadocs in Struts.
>
> --
> Wendy

Mathias

Re: Does javadoc aggregation have any know classpath issues?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.