Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Jeff Heaton <jh...@heat-on.com> on 2002/05/15 17:14:44 UTC

vs

I have been looking at the latest nightly build compared to the beta2
build. It looks like some of the tag names have changed. Will this be
changed in the proposed final spec? For example:

The spec states that there is a <fmt:bundle> tag that will load a resource
bundle. In Beta2 this worked just like the spec said. But using the latest
build <fmt:bundle> seems to say that it does not accept a ?scope?
attribute. Which worked in Beta2. The <fmt:bundle> tag that I used seems to
have been renamed to <fmt:setBundle>, which the spec makes no mention of.
Which will be the final name?

Same thing seems to happen with SQL. The spec says to use <sql:driver>. Yet
in the latest build <sql:driver> is not even a valid tag. Its been renamed
to <sql:setDriver>. Is this a change to the spec?

Jeff Heaton(http://www.jeffheaton.com)

Re: vs

Posted by Shawn Bayern <ba...@essentially.net>.
Yes, this is a spec change.  As of Beta2, the functionality of tags like
<fmt:bundle> was split into two tags:  one for applying to the tag's body
(if applicable) and one for setting a value.  The body-related tags kept
the old names; the 'setter' tags were given names beginning with 'set'.

Beta2 implements the PFD spec, which reflects this change.

--
Shawn Bayern
"JSP Standard Tag Library"   http://www.jstlbook.com