Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Oleg Gusakov <ol...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/22 01:17:58 UTC

[vote] release mercury-1.0.0-alpha-3

Logistics were sorted out, here we go:

This is iterative improvements release of Mercury.

Most important are:
- repository exception handling adjusted for clearer client
notifications. For example - absence of metadata did produce NPE result,
now it throws a checked exception
- plexus component now correctly resolves multiple artifacts, not just
one as it used to
- put Mercury on a diet - made encryption optional, factored out jetty
server artifact

7 issues fixed: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MERCURY/fixforversion/14748

One known issue will be fixed in maven-mercury component - [MERCURY-75]

Staged release in repository at
http://people.apache.org/~ogusakov/repos/staging/

Site at http://people.apache.org/~ogusakov/sites/mercury

Vote open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

Thanks,
Oleg

Re: [vote] release mercury-1.0.0-alpha-3

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
+1

Re: [vote canceled 2] release mercury-1.0.0-alpha-3

Posted by Oleg Gusakov <ol...@gmail.com>.
Hate to do this, but logistics are not there yet. Will have to wait for
another jetty release. I will re-issue the vote as soon as it's out and
I do all the moves again.

Thanks,
Oleg

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@sonatype.com>.
+1

On 21-Jan-09, at 4:17 PM, Oleg Gusakov wrote:

> Logistics were sorted out, here we go:
>
> This is iterative improvements release of Mercury.
>
> Most important are:
> - repository exception handling adjusted for clearer client
> notifications. For example - absence of metadata did produce NPE
> result, now it throws a checked exception
> - plexus component now correctly resolves multiple artifacts, not
> just one as it used to
> - put Mercury on a diet - made encryption optional, factored out
> jetty server artifact
>
> 7 issues fixed: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MERCURY/fixforversion/14748
>
> One known issue will be fixed in maven-mercury component -
> [MERCURY-75]
>
> Staged release in repository at http://people.apache.org/~ogusakov/repos/staging/
>
> Site at http://people.apache.org/~ogusakov/sites/mercury
>
> Vote open for 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1
>
> Thanks,
> Oleg

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

People develop abstractions by generalizing from concrete examples.
Every attempt to determine the correct abstraction on paper without
actually developing a running system is doomed to failure. No one
is that smart. A framework is a resuable design, so you develop it by
looking at the things it is supposed to be a design of. The more
examples
you look at, the more general your framework will be.

   -- Ralph Johnson & Don Roberts, Patterns for Evolving Frameworks

Re: [vote] release mercury-1.0.0-alpha-3

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
+1

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 5:17 PM, Oleg Gusakov
<ol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Logistics were sorted out, here we go:
>
> This is iterative improvements release of Mercury.

The the tag was modified in r736525.  Have the binaries been changed
since the vote started?

(The commit message on the tag could use an issue number and/or trunk
revision to tie things together -- looks like it's MERCURY-76 and
r736568?)

--
Wendy

RE: [vote] release mercury-1.0.0-alpha-3

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
+1

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
+1

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
+1

Hervé

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.
 +1

--
jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
+1

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@sonatype.com>.
+1

On 23-Jan-09, at 10:40 PM, Oleg Gusakov wrote:

> I feel I owe an explanation about what was going with the release.
> As we tried to refactor out jetty server code out of the transport
> provider, we hit a few bumps on the road. But with the help from
> Jetty community, who were kind enough to fix it and release jetty
> 6.1.15.rc2 today -  everything seem to be  in order now.
>
> 3rd time is a charm, so here it goes:
>
> This is iterative improvements release of Mercury.
>
> Most important are:
> - repository exception handling adjusted for clearer client
> notifications. For example - absence of metadata did produce NPE
> result, now it throws a checked exception
> - plexus component now correctly resolves multiple artifacts, not
> just one as it used to
> - put Mercury on a diet - made encryption optional, factored out
> jetty server artifact
>
> 8 issues fixed: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MERCURY/fixforversion/14748
>
> One known issue will be fixed in maven-mercury component -
> [MERCURY-75]
>
> Staged release in repository at http://people.apache.org/~ogusakov/repos/staging/
>
> Site at http://people.apache.org/~ogusakov/sites/mercury
>
> Vote open for 72 hours.