Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Per Steffensen <st...@designware.dk> on 2014/01/30 11:06:10 UTC

ant eclipse hangs - branch_4x

Hi

Earlier in used to be able to successfully run "ant eclipse" from
branch_4x. With the newest code (tip of branch_4x today) I cant. "ant
eclipse" hangs forever at the point showed by console output below. I
noticed that this problem has been around for a while - not something
that happened today. Any idea about what might be wrong? A solution?
Help to debug?

Regards Per Steffensen

----------- console when running "ant eclipse" -----------------

resolve:
      [echo] Building solr-example-DIH...

ivy-availability-check:
      [echo] Building solr-example-DIH...

ivy-fail:

ivy-configure:
[ivy:configure] :: loading settings :: file =
/Some/Path/ws_kepler_apache_lucene_solr_4x/branch_4x/lucene/ivy-settings.xml

resolve:

resolve:
      [echo] Building solr-core...

ivy-availability-check:
      [echo] Building solr-core...

ivy-fail:

ivy-fail:

ivy-configure:
[ivy:configure] :: loading settings :: file =
/Some/Path/ws_kepler_apache_lucene_solr_4x/branch_4x/lucene/ivy-settings.xml

resolve:

HERE IT JUST HANGS FOREVER

Re: ant eclipse hangs - branch_4x

Posted by Per Steffensen <st...@designware.dk>.
Hi

I used Ivy 2.2.0. Upgraded to 2.3.0. Didnt help
No lck files found in ~/.ivy2/cache, so nothing to delete
Deleted the entire ~/.ivy2/cache folder. Didnt help
Debugged a little and found that it was hanging due to org.apache.hadoop
dependencies in solr/core/ivy.xml - if I commended out everything that
had to do with hadoop in that ivy.xml it didnt hang in "ant resolve"
(from solr/core)
Finally the problem was solved when I tried to add
http://central.maven.org/maven2 to our Artifactory. Do not understand
why that was necessary, because we already had
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/ in our Artifactory.

Well never mind - it works for me now.

Thanks for the help!

Regards, Per Steffensen