Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com> on 2011/06/30 20:41:19 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Mailbox 0.3 (fourth try)

Hi there,

this is the fourth try to release a new version of the Apache James
Mailbox project a.k.a 0.3. Hopefully its the last try ;)

This includes many fixed and makes it easier to write
own mailbox implementations.
It also include a Lucene based search index and works with Apache
James IMAP 0.2.1

List of changes:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311221&version=12316446

Please review:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejames-002/

[ ] +1 Yes, go ahead
[ ] +0 No time to review
[ ] -1 Something wrong with the release

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mailbox 0.3 (fourth try)

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 9:46 AM, Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org> wrote:
> Am 01.07.2011 10:43, schrieb Stefano Bagnara:

>>> Hmm...
>>>
>>> So maybe better to re-roll again ? Not sure how this could happen :(

(perhaps the subversion checkout URL had a duplicate "trunk" somewhere)

>> No. It's just a source package with the content repeated twice. Not
>> blocking for me,

The rest of the release looks okay to me but this is a little
worrisome. The source release is supposed to be identical to the
tagged version. But there's no real harm and it isn't a legal issue so
I'm +0 on this release (and happy to support anyone how feels that
it's worth a +1).

Robert

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mailbox 0.3 (fourth try)

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Am 01.07.2011 10:43, schrieb Stefano Bagnara:
> 2011/7/1 Norman Maurer<no...@apache.org>:
>> Am 01.07.2011 10:16, schrieb Stefano Bagnara:
>>> Weird thing: the source-release.zip package includes a "trunk" folder
>>> with duplicate content.
>>>
>>> Stefano
>> Hmm...
>>
>> So maybe better to re-roll again ? Not sure how this could happen :(
> No. It's just a source package with the content repeated twice. Not
> blocking for me, but maybe it's better to look how it happened so next
> time it won't happen.
>
> Stefano

True enough... I will open a jira for it.

Bye,
Norman

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mailbox 0.3 (fourth try)

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
2011/6/30 Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>:
> Hi there,
>
> this is the fourth try to release a new version of the Apache James
> Mailbox project a.k.a 0.3. Hopefully its the last try ;)
>
> This includes many fixed and makes it easier to write
> own mailbox implementations.
> It also include a Lucene based search index and works with Apache
> James IMAP 0.2.1
>
> List of changes:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311221&version=12316446
>
> Please review:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejames-002/

[X] +1 Yes, go ahead

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
[x] +1 Yes, go ahead

Integration test are ok with imap-0.2.1
Thx for pushing this :)

Eric

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Mailbox 0.3 (fourth try)

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.
Hi there,

the VOTE passed:

+1 Eric, Stefano, Norman
+0 Robert
-1

I will upload the release to the dist area and push it to central repos.

thanks for voting
norman

Am Donnerstag, 30. Juni 2011 schrieb Norman Maurer
<no...@googlemail.com>:
&gt; Hi there,
&gt;
&gt; this is the fourth try to release a new version of the Apache James
&gt; Mailbox project a.k.a 0.3. Hopefully its the last try ;)
&gt;
&gt; This includes many fixed and makes it easier to write
&gt; own mailbox implementations.
&gt; It also include a Lucene based search index and works with Apache
&gt; James IMAP 0.2.1
&gt;
&gt; List of changes:
&gt; https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311221&amp;version=12316446
&gt;
&gt; Please review:
&gt; https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejames-002/
&gt;
&gt; [ ] +1 Yes, go ahead
&gt; [ ] +0 No time to review
&gt; [ ] -1 Something wrong with the release
&gt;