Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org> on 2019/07/04 20:18:28 UTC

Oak 1.4.25 release plan

Hello team,

I'm planning to cut Oak on either Monday 8th July or Tuesday or
Wednesday depending on workload.

If there are any objections please let me know. Otherwise I will
re-schedule any non-resolved issue for the next iteration.

Thanks
Davide

Re: Oak 1.4.25 release plan

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.
On 08.07.2019 11:26, Davide Giannella wrote:
> On 05/07/2019 07:19, Julian Reschke wrote:
>> Is there a good reason why we need to do three releases in the same
>> week? Everybody should look at things that need to be backported, do the
>> backports and run tests. This does not scale.
>
> We aim for a regular cadence for each branch. However sometimes they may
> end in the same week.
>
> http://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/docs/release-schedule.html

And if that happens, I would strongly suggest to move the release a bit.

Best regards, Julian

Re: Oak 1.4.25 release plan

Posted by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org>.
On 05/07/2019 07:19, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Is there a good reason why we need to do three releases in the same
> week? Everybody should look at things that need to be backported, do the
> backports and run tests. This does not scale.

We aim for a regular cadence for each branch. However sometimes they may
end in the same week.

http://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/docs/release-schedule.html

About backports, each committer is responsible to chase his/her own
issues for the backports. I do my best in keeping things rolling but
cannot syndicate on each issue and/or commit for each release. If
there's an issue as Blocker I'll definitely stop and ask about it
postponing the release.

Davide

Re: Oak 1.4.25 release plan

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.