Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Denis Bessmertniy <de...@consumerhealthtech.com> on 2007/10/24 10:51:55 UTC

commons-net FTPClient settings

Hi folks,

I need to transfer files in ASCII format between Unix ftp and WindowsXP
maschines in both directions,
i.e. I have written Java class which uses commons-net lib. This class lives
on windows machine and
when needed it logins to Unix ftp and takes from there ASCII files and then
puts there ASCII files.
I heard that there maybe some problems with file transferring between
Windows and Unix machines and vise versa, i.e. ASCII files maybe modified.

May you help me, please, how I need to setup FTPClient class in this case.

Thank you.

-
Denis Bessmertnyj
J2EE Engineer

Re: commons-net FTPClient settings

Posted by Rory Winston <rw...@eircom.net>.
Just follow the example from the commons-net faq. There is no problem
with transferring ASCII or binary files.