Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com> on 2011/11/09 13:14:13 UTC

ODF Plugfest in Gouda, NL (17th+18th Nov. 2011)

Hi,

I want to let you know that I will attend the ODF Plugfest in Gouda, NL
next week [1], [2].

As an active member of the OASIS ODF TC (since Dec. 2006) and a
long-term developer of OpenOffice.org (since July 2002) I was attending
the ODF Plugfest since it got started in 2009 - I have missed the one in
Berlin in July this year due to my vacation with my family.

At the former events I have shared/discuss/present my view on the work
at the OASIS ODF TC and about the work which is going on in the
OpenOffice.org project regarding ODF. I also represented Sun/Oracle and
its products around ODF. See [3] for details.

For the ODF Plugfest next week I am planning to give somehow a status
update of our Apache OpenOffice.org project (incubating) from my point
of view. Something like:
- developers are working on the code for an "IP cleared" milestone
- status of the migration as found at [4]
- ...

Any objections to do so?

Any further information which I can and should share on this event?
Here, I want to ask Dave and Don directly for input as they are/were in
Vancouver presenting/discussing our project ;-)

Are there other project members attending the ODF Plugfest in Gouda?
If yes, it would be a great opportunity to get in touch personally as
members of the same project.

Best regards, Oliver.

[1] http://odfplugfest.org/2011-gouda/
[2] http://plugtest.opendocsociety.org/doku.php
[3]
http://plugtest.opendocsociety.org/doku.php?id=plugfests:200906_thehague:participants:oliver-rainer_wittmann
[4]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/OpenOffice.org+Migration+Status

Re: ODF Plugfest in Gouda, NL (17th+18th Nov. 2011)

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Ross,

On 15.11.2011 01:49, Ross Gardler wrote:
> On Friday, 11 November 2011, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann<
> orwittmann@googlemail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks Rob for your feedback - it is welcome.
>>
>> Anything else?
>
> You should cover the Apache Way, as you understand it. Most importantly you
> need to communicate that this is an incubating project and it will remain
> so until both the IP and diversity requirements are satisfied.
>
> There are a number of Apache Way style slide decks (including my own from
> last years ODF plugfest) at http://community.apache.org/speakers/slides.html

Thanks for hint and the link to the slides.

Best regards, Oliver.

Re: ODF Plugfest in Gouda, NL (17th+18th Nov. 2011)

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
On Friday, 11 November 2011, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <
orwittmann@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks Rob for your feedback - it is welcome.
>
> Anything else?

You should cover the Apache Way, as you understand it. Most importantly you
need to communicate that this is an incubating project and it will remain
so until both the IP and diversity requirements are satisfied.

There are a number of Apache Way style slide decks (including my own from
last years ODF plugfest) at http://community.apache.org/speakers/slides.html

Thanks
Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)

Re: ODF Plugfest in Gouda, NL (17th+18th Nov. 2011)

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <ls...@gmail.com>.
Unfortunately, I shall not be able to go. My loss.

Louis

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.