Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/23 16:06:54 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1304397 - in /jackrabbit/oak/trunk: oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/ oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/api/ oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/kernel/ oak-jcr/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrab

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 3:56 PM,  <md...@apache.org> wrote:
> - added null value

Do we need a null value? As discussed in the MK value type thread, I'd
just treat those cases as errors and throw something like an
IllegalStateException when encountering a null value in a
MK.getNodes() response.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.

On 23.3.12 17:05, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 4:47 PM, Michael Dürig<md...@apache.org>  wrote:
>> On 23.3.12 15:06, Jukka Zitting wrote:
>>> Do we need a null value? As discussed in the MK value type thread, I'd
>>> just treat those cases as errors and throw something like an
>>> IllegalStateException when encountering a null value in a
>>> MK.getNodes() response.
>>
>> I agree for this case. However null values come in handy for tracking
>> transiently removed property states.
>
> OK, I see where you're going.
>
> I'm not sure why we'd need to explicitly track a removed property with
> a sentinel null value instead of just getting rid of the property
> entirely. But I haven't looked closer at the relevant code, so I'm
> probably missing something.

Yes we might not need it later on. However it is useful ATM as I'm
refactoring my code step by step. We can probably remove it again later.

Michael

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.