Posted to dev@ponymail.apache.org by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org> on 2016/07/12 09:02:17 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Pony Mail (Incubating) 0.9.RC1 as 0.9

Hello folks,
As mentioned earlier, I have now started the release process for the 0.9
branch, and am now calling a vote on release candidate 1.

This is a vote on the artefacts collected from the tree in the 0.9
branch with commit hash 9881edb4ff13b88d231b5a069399a74d9550c2fe.

The tree can be inspected at
https://github.com/apache/incubator-ponymail/tree/9881edb4ff13b88d231b5a069399a74d9550c2fe

The release candidate is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/ponymail/

Specifically, this is a vote on
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/ponymail/apache-pony-mail-0.9.RC1-incubating.tar.gz
(sha1 and asc files are provided as well).

Please inspect and vet the candidate and cast your votes accordingly:

[ ] +1: Good to go
[ ]  0: Meh, either way is fine
[ ] -1: Don't release because....

Anyone is welcome to vote on this release.
PPMC members can cast binding votes for the podling's release decision,
and IPMC members may cast binding votes that carry over to the IPMC
release vote later. This initial vote will last 72 hours (or less if all
possible votes have been cast).

With regards,
Daniel.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Pony Mail (Incubating) 0.9.RC1 as 0.9

Posted by Ulises <ul...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Nothing looks specifically alarming.  It would probably be better if the
license referred back to the files under the license, but no big deal.

+1

[CANCEL] [VOTE] Release Apache Pony Mail (Incubating) 0.9.RC1 as 0.9

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.
I am canceling the vote for RC1 as we have discovered some regressions
made by the consolidation of the archiving process in PR #36, which
effectively broke the import process.

I will push these changes to 0.9 branch and make a new RC2 later today.

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1