Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Roy Siu <vo...@yahoo.com.hk> on 2006/07/21 12:50:09 UTC

Want explain on Dependencies Scope

I am newbie to Maven, and now want to write a custom plugin. But I get
confuse on maven's transitive dependency handling. My poms' dependencies
setting is something like:

Project A

      saxpath
      saxpath
      1.0-FCS
      ${compile}

      jaxen
      jaxen
      1.0-FCS
      ${compile}

                       (1)                      (2)
[pluginProject]  <---  [CommonLib] <--- [Jaxen]
                                                 <-- [saxpath]

I have read an article
http://cvs.peopleware.be/training/maven/maven2/dependencies.html
http://cvs.peopleware.be/training/maven/maven2/dependencies.html  and test
with all the scope dependency

I get confuse on the dependency scope.

Re: Want explain on Dependencies Scope

Posted by Roy Siu <vo...@yahoo.com.hk>.
I just want to know how can my [plugin] project use [jaxen], [saxpath]
properly with only set dependency on [CommonLib].

Or more general, if there is artifact C, B, A, X-Z

  - artifact A has a function dynamic load (Class.forName) some of the class
appeared in project X-Z
  - artifact B wrap the project A function into a class
  - artifact C want to use project B's wrapper class of project A function

Then what dependency and corresponding scope I need to set in pom.xml of
artifact C and artifact B?

Re: Want explain on Dependencies Scope

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Can you be a little more explicit about what exactly is the source of
your confusion? What about Maven's transitive dependency handling is
hard to understand and causing you troubles?

Wayne

Posted by Roy Siu <vo...@yahoo.com.hk>.
Yes, it's what i want

Re: Want explain on Dependencies Scope