Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Omprakash Bachu <om...@mphasis.com> on 2002/10/24 01:17:45 UTC

for this code snippet, what will be equivalent in VB/VC?

>From VB/VC/Java how to send XML document to SOAP service, in that case at
soap service implementation side is there any recommendations on method
signature and what should be in param data type i.e, for e.g. Element,
Document or String etc.

For Java I can see, in AddressBook sample which comes with Apache SOAP, in
that case how it works for VB or VC clients?

Client: PutListings.java
{
... ...

    Reader listingsFile = new FileReader(args[1]);
    DocumentBuilder xdb = XMLParserUtils.getXMLDocBuilder();
    Document doc = xdb.parse(new InputSource(listingsFile));
    Element root = doc.getDocumentElement();

    // Build the call.
    Call call = new Call();

    call.setTargetObjectURI("urn:AddressFetcher");
    call.setMethodName("putListings");
    call.setEncodingStyleURI(Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC);

    Vector params = new Vector();

    params.addElement(new Parameter("newListings", Element.class,
                                    root, Constants.NS_URI_LITERAL_XML));
    call.setParams(params);
... ...
}

If we see, at soap service implemenation as below,

Server: AddressBook.java
... ...
 public int putListings(Element el)
  {