Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by bikash sharma <sh...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/25 15:10:26 UTC

observe the effect of changes to Hadoop

Hi,
For my research project, I need to add a couple of functions in
JobTracker.java source file to include additional information about
TaskTrackers resource usage through heartbeat messages. I made those changes
to JobTracker.java file. However, I am not  very clear how to see these
effects. I mean what are the next steps in terms of building the entire
Hadoop code base, using the built distribution and installing it again in
the cluster, etc?
Any elaborate updates on these will be very useful since I do not have much
experience in doing modifications to Hadoop like huge code base and
observing the effects of these changes.

Thanks,
Bikash

Re: observe the effect of changes to Hadoop

Posted by bikash sharma <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Steve. It worked.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.