Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jonty Rhods <jo...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/28 08:53:27 UTC

logic required for newbie

Hi All,

I am very new and learning solr.

I have 10 column like following in table

1. id
2. name
3. user_id
4. location
5. country
6. landmark1
7. landmark2
8. landmark3
9. landmark4
10. landmark5

when user search for landmark then  I want to return only one landmark which
match. Rest of the landmark should ingnored..
expected result like following if user search by "landmark2"..

1. id
2. name
3. user_id
4. location
5. country
7. landmark2

or if search by "landmark9"

1. id
2. name
3. user_id
4. location
5. country
9. landmark9

please help me to design the schema for this kind of requirement...

thanks
with regards

Re: logic required for newbie

Posted by rajini maski <ra...@gmail.com>.
yes.. The above solution would help ..:)
you can specify like

http://localhost:8090/solr/select?indent=on&start=0&rows=10&q=landmark:landmark4&fl=landmark,user_id
this will give u for each results set only landmark field and userId

And in solr console ,The Full Interface option, There you can try for useage
of highlight...

Regrds,
Rajani Maski

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Actually I am getting result. But I am getting all column of the rows. I
: want to remove unnecessary column.
: In case of q=piza hut.. then I want to get only <landmark4>piza
: hut</landmark4>.

you should denormalize your data more -- if each "id" has more then one
landmark assocaited with it, but for any given search you only want the
"matching" landmarks returned for each id, then you need to index one doc
per id+landmark pair.

so this...

: > > <id>1</id>
: > > <name>some name</name>
: > > <user_id>user_id</user_id>
: > > <location>new york</location>
: > > <country>USA</country>
: > > <landmark1>5th avenue</landmark1>
: > > <landmark2>ms departmental store</landmark2>
: > > <landmark3>base bakery</landmark3>
: > > <landmark4>piza hut</landmark4>
: > > <landmark5>ford motor</landmark5>

...should be indexed as 5 distinct documents, each with a single value for
the "landmark" field, and identical id, name, user_id, location, country
fields.  (although now if you wnat to have a uniqueKey field, you will
need to make a new one -- possibly "id" plus the numeric portion of the
original landmark clolumn number)

-Hoss

AW: logic required for newbie

Posted by Jonty Rhods <jo...@gmail.com>.
Again thanks for reply..

Posted by rajini maski <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonty Rhods <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi

thanks for reply..
 Actually requirement is diffrent (sorry if I am unable to clerify in first
mail).

basically follwoing are the fields name in schema as well:
> 1. id
> 2. name
> 3. user_id
> 4. location