Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Patrick Martin <an...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/06 10:18:21 UTC

extract properties from file and corresponding template

Hello,

I have a file that was generated from a template and a set of
properties using ant filters.
Basically, the template contained tokens like @my.property@ which
where replaced by the corresponding value of ${my.property}.
template + properties >>> file

Now, I'd like to be able to get the set of properties back from this
file and the corresponding template.
file + template >>> properties

Is there any task out there that already exists for that?

Thank you,

Patrick

RE: extract properties from file and corresponding template

Posted by "Rebhan, Gilbert" <Gi...@huk-coburg.de>.

Hi,

I have a file that was generated from a template and a set of
properties using ant filters.
Basically, the template contained tokens like @my.property@ which
where replaced by the corresponding value of ${my.property}.
template + properties >>> file

Now, I'd like to be able to get the set of properties back from this
file and the corresponding template.
file + template >>> properties

Is there any task out there that already exists for that?
*/

If you just want to dump extisting properties

 to file
<echoproperties prefix="..." file="..."> ....

or getting logged  to stdout =
<echoproperties prefix="..."/>

Therefore it would be good, if your properties were prefixed
to catch them with echoproperties.

or <echo>...  | <echo file="...">... for sinlge properties.

Regards, Gilbert