Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Andrei Pozolotin <an...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/26 04:45:04 UTC

dynamic deploy: features + obr

    Hello there.

    I am curious if people can share experience of using
    dynamic deploy with features and obr

    I am thinking of this scenario:

    1) say I have a nexus obr plugin to expose all of my required maven
    repositories via virtual obr repository.

    2) now I drop a feature-1.xml with "all-of-my-app" entry point
    dependency and "resolver=(obr)" into karaf /etc

    Questions

    a) will all feature-1.xml app dependency features and bundles be
    resolved, installed, started?
    (assuming nexus obr can see them all)

    b) if I kill feature-1.xml, will dependency bundles and features be
    stopped / uninstalled?

    c) if I add both feature-1.xml and another new feature-2.xml, which
    have 70% dependency overlap between them,
    and then kill old feature-1.xml, will karaf uninstall 30% features
    and bundles
    which were used by feature-1.xml but not used by feature-2.xml?

    In other words, how does presence of obr resolver change feature
    lifecycle?
    Does the above case actually work for anyone in production?
    Which karaf version?

    Thank you,

    Andrei