Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Rülfing, "Wolfgang (LDS)" <Wo...@lds.nrw.de> on 2008/09/10 10:41:39 UTC

CForms inside coplets

Hello all,

we plan to use several forms inside of coplets in a cocoon portal. The forms are shown properly, but as soon as we click the submit button, we get the following error:

Resource not found
java.io.FileNotFoundException: d:\portale\LIJ-Portal\content\LIJ_neu\impressum\testkontakt\6f16846557268a7e5a735f3b743b2d206978673d.continue (Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden)
Cocoon stacktrace[hide]
Error during resolving of the input stream
file:/D:/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/tmp0/wtpwebapps/CMS_JM_LIJ-Portal/ldsportal/sitemap.xmap - 910:60     <map:read type="resource">
file:/D:/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/tmp0/wtpwebapps/CMS_JM_LIJ-Portal/sitemap.xmap - 964:92       <map:mount>

My question is: Do we have to handle the continuations in the portal sitemap, or can we handle them inside the coplet sitemap?
We plan to use multiple forms inside the portal, so handling them in the portal sitemap could easily become a mess.

Best regards and thanks in advance
Wolfgang

Re: flowscript and multiple submit button

Posted by Jason Johnston <jj...@apache.org>.
Jeff Schmitz wrote:
> I was close, but I was actually using button tags, e.g.
>
> <button type="submit" name="ManageUsers" id="ManageUsers" value="Manage
> User Accounts">Manage User Accounts</button>
>
> but I wasn't setting the value attribute since what shows on the button
> is whatever is between the tags.  By adding the value attribute it now
> works.

Beware that Internet Explorer has a very buggy implementation of the
button element.  When the form is submitted, it sends the name=value
pairs of *all* button elements in the form, rather than just the one
that was clicked.  This is a real pain when trying, as you are, to
determine which button was used to submit the form.  Also, depending on
the version of IE and whether your document triggers standards or quirks
mode, the innerText of the element may be used rather than the value
attribute.

See the community comments at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms535211(VS.85).aspx or search
around for "ie button" and the like.

Re: flowscript and multiple submit button

Posted by Jeff Schmitz <je...@mac.com>.
I was close, but I was actually using button tags, e.g.

<button type="submit" name="ManageUsers" id="ManageUsers"
value="Manage User Accounts">Manage User Accounts</button>

but I wasn't setting the value attribute since what shows on the
button is whatever is between the tags.  By adding the value attribute
it now works.

Thanks,
Jeff

Posted by Andre Juffer <aj...@sun3.oulu.fi>.

Posted by Gary Larsen <ga...@envisn.com>.
Hi Jeff,

I use something like this:

    form.showForm("form/myform");

    if (null == form.submitId || form.submitId.equals("cancelButton")) {

gary