Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net> on 2002/07/25 03:05:10 UTC

Tiles Obfuscation

Hi.  I have an observation and a suggestion.  I'm sure it wasn't
intentional, but the name of the DefinitionDispatcherAction for
forwarding to definitions is kind of confusing to me.  I like to have
never found it because of it's name.  Is it possible it could be renamed
to DefinitionActionForward - or just DefinitionForward?  Having
"Dispatcher" in it's name implies, to me at least, that this is an
action which will take a parameter and do something based on what that
parameter is - like the DispatchAction!  Does it embody this behavior
too, and I just don't know it?  I'd personally like to see
DefinitionDispatcherAction deprecated in favor of a more appropriately
named class that does the same exact thing.

Comments?  Did I just waaaaaaaaaaaaaay totally miss something?

How's the self-generating beer endeavor going?  James?  Mark?  ;-) LOL

Thanks!

Eddie

Re: Tiles Obfuscation

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
... wonder why the mailing list doesn't change it to struts-user though
...  Oh weird - it did this time.  Maybe it's my mailer (Mozilla)
screwing up on me.  It wouldn't be the first time.  I love it to death,
but sometimes it just flakes.  I'm not sure whether I blame it on
Mozilla or KDE (my desktop environment) though.  KDE kinda makes some
things spaz occassionally.

Anyway :-) Sorry!  It was obviously an error on my end.

RE: Tiles Obfuscation

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@telocity.com>.
No, actually I do.

I'm using my DSL provider's smtp server, but want people to reply to
struts-atlanta.

James "Sasquatch's long lost cousin" Mitchell
Software Engineer\Struts Evangelist
Struts-Atlanta, the "Open Minded Developer Network"
http://www.open-tools.org/struts-atlanta

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: Tiles Obfuscation

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
LOL ... you gotta love this list ;-)

RE: Tiles Obfuscation

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@telocity.com>.

> Maybe James would care to "evanglize" me :-) LOL  ... since he's the
> resident Software Engineer\Struts Evangelist ;-)

<placing-hand-on-your-forehead>...you are HEALED my son!!!
Now go forth into all the nations and spread the news that STRUTS IS HERE
BABY!!!!!

> Thanks!
>
> Eddie

James "The Original Sasquatch" Mitchell

Re: Tiles Obfuscation

Posted by Eddie Bush <ed...@vestus.adabbs.com>.
That's what NoOpAction is for, isn't it!  <smack-forehead/>  Ok ... I'm
used to a no-op being a no-op.  I suppose it is a no-op, since it
doens't actually forward anywhere, but, rather, render the content right
there.  Actually, in either case, there is an operation of some sort
being performed.  Perhaps this is the DefinitionForward action I spoke
of earlier.  I bet the "Dispatch" one does just that...

Perhaps someone could enlighten me :-)  Show me where to RTFM perhaps?

Re: Tiles Obfuscation

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.