Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sean McNamara <ta...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/13 20:27:31 UTC

Plugin issue with one developer?

We're seeing a strange issue with one developer's workstation and I'm hoping someone will have some advice....

Both of us are running Maven v2.0.4, and I am able to build our project successfullly, however he gets the following error:

[INFO] Internal error in the plugin  manager executing goal 'org.apache.maven.plu
 gins:maven-ear-plugin:2.2:ear':  Unable to find the mojo 'org.apache.maven.plugin
 s:maven-ear-plugin:2.2:ear' in the  plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-ear-pl
 ugin'
 org/codehaus/plexus/archiver/AbstractArchiver

We have identical setting.xml files, and are using poms pulled directly from source control so there are no changes between mine and his.  Any ideas, or tips on troubleshooting this?  Thanks!

Re: Plugin issue with one developer?

Posted by Eric Redmond <er...@gmail.com>.
Do you have similar local repositories too? I'd check the your
${user.dir}/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-ear-plugin
directories for differences (specifically the pom and maven metadata files).
If they are similar, then check maven-archiver and so on until you find a
difference. Hm, a script might be the thing to do ;)

Eric

On 9/13/06, Sean McNamara <ta...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> We're seeing a strange issue with one developer's workstation and I'm
> hoping someone will have some advice....
>
> Both of us are running Maven v2.0.4, and I am able to build our project
> successfullly, however he gets the following error:
>
> [INFO] Internal error in the plugin  manager executing goal '
> org.apache.maven.plu
> gins:maven-ear-plugin:2.2:ear':  Unable to find the mojo '
> org.apache.maven.plugin
> s:maven-ear-plugin:2.2:ear' in the  plugin '
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-ear-pl
> ugin'
> org/codehaus/plexus/archiver/AbstractArchiver
>

> We have identical setting.xml files, and are using poms pulled directly
> from source control so there are no changes between mine and his.  Any
> ideas, or tips on troubleshooting this?  Thanks!

Eric Redmond
http://codehaus.org/~eredmond