Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Dave Carlson <dc...@ontogenics.com> on 2001/03/31 05:03:12 UTC

Confirmation email contains incorrect secret key

The confirmation email for new accounts is working, but the email contains
a secret key "null".  If I look in the user database and get the actual
secret key value, then I can confirm succesfully.  Does anyone else have
this problem?

Thanks!
  Dave

Re: Confirmation email contains incorrect secret key

Posted by Dave Carlson <dc...@ontogenics.com>.
Edward,
Thanks for the reply.  I rebuilt Jetspeed from a clean CVS checkout on
Friday morning, so how can I "reinstall Turbine code from the tar and
reload a new Jetspeed from the war"?  If the DB is damaged, then it must be
damaged in the CVS.

Anyone else with this mail problem?  I have a simple installation: Redhat
7.0 Linux, Tomcat 3.2.1, and a new build of Jetspeed.  The mail server
(Linux) seems to be configured and working properly, because I do get the
email.  The email message looks as follows:

Welcome to Jetspeed

Your new account has been created.

Your secret key is:

null

You can go to the following URL to confirm your account:

<http://test.ontogenics.com/jetspeed/portal/screen/ConfirmRegistration/user
name/dcarlson/secretkey/null/nextscreen/null>

Posted by "Edward M. Goldberg" <em...@EdwardMGoldberg.com>.