Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Gunnar Ole Skogen <Gu...@ergo.no> on 2002/02/28 08:29:15 UTC

setUserData ( multipart/form-data ) :=> low levelstuff

Hi,

Proposal for new feature:

Using setUserData to sent a multipart/form ( or other) means one has to do
what a browser does when sending a request from a form with ContentType =
multipart/form-data. I did this low level stuff ( inserting parameter
element, boundaries, reading files into the buffer etc) and it works.

What would be time saving is to be able to simply input the html code in the
request in the future.
Using HttpUnit's request class as one can use it's response class would make
things symetric ( have not checked if the above is possible with HttpUnit )
There probably are some 3rd party libs for transforming html into a
request-object ?

If you are interested and this,  in that case, needs to be implemented in
Cactus itself, I can send you the code I use for inserting
multipart/form-data into setUserData .

-Gunnar Skogen