Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Marlow, Andrew" <An...@fisglobal.com.INVALID> on 2019/06/13 06:30:09 UTC

maven jarsigner is unreliable without retries

Hello everyone,

Back in April I raised an issue to do with the maven jar signer plugin. See https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/MJARSIGNER/issues/MJARSIGNER-59?filter=allopenissues
When the network is unreliable a maven build that signs its jars can fail during signing, due to temporary inability to contact the timestamp server. I have also seen this fail when the timestamp server is busy. It really seems to me that it should retry, as the equivalent eclipse plugin does. Any thoughts? In the meantime it looks like I will have to abandon using this plugin, since I need my overnight builds to be reliable. I will have to sign the jars post-build using a script for the purpose.

Andrew Marlow
Consultant developer, Apex
38th Floor, 25 Canada Square,
Canary Wharf, London E14 5LQ
T:  020-8081-2367 / 07966-451-521
E: andrew.marlow@fisglobal.com<ma...@fisglobal.com>
FIS | Empowering the Financial World [cid:image001.png@01D112FA.C4A77D90] <https://www.facebook.com/FIStoday> [cid:image002.png@01D112FA.C4A77D90] <https://twitter.com/FISGlobal> [cid:image003.png@01D112FA.C4A77D90] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/fis>
FIS Apex (UK) Limited * Registered in England and Wales No. 3573008 * Registered Office: 38th floor, 25 Canada Square, London, E14 5LQ, United Kingdom
[50_3]

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any manner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and review by persons other than the intended recipient. FIS is a trading name of the following companies: Fidelity Information Services Ltd (registered in England No.02225203), FIS Payments (UK) Ltd (No.04215488), FIS Asiapacrim Holdings Ltd (No.06707320), Certegy Card Services Ltd (No.03517639) and Efunds International Ltd (No.01930117), all with their registered office at Floor 1, 51/53 Hagley Road, Birmingham B16 8TU, United Kingdom; and FIS Payments (Ireland) Ltd (registered in Ireland No.126879), with its registered office at 25/28 North Wall Quay, Dublin 1, D01 H104, Ireland. FIS Payments (UK) Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority; some services are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (in the UK). Calls to and from the companies may be recorded for quality purposes. All of the above companies are part of FIS (Fidelity National Information Services Inc.).