Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "KARR, DAVID (ATTSI)" <dk...@att.com> on 2011/07/26 19:01:46 UTC

Why would "unpack-dependencies" sometimes not do its job?

I'm using both "maven-dependency-plugin" and "maven-jar-plugin" so all of my application classes and dependent classes go into a single jar file.  Every once in a while I discover that the resulting jar file doesn't have my dependent classes.  If I then do "mvn clean" and then "mvn" (default goal of install), it works fine.  At the time it's happened, I didn't have the presence of mind to check my "target/classes" directory to verify it was "maven-dependency-plugin" that failed to do its work.  As the job of "maven-jar-plugin" is much simpler, I don't think it's likely this is the problem.

My plugin configs follow this.

Any ideas why this might be happening?

------------------
<plugin>
	<version>2.3</version>
	<executions>
		<execution>
			<id>copy</id>
			<phase>prepare-package</phase>
			<goals>
				<goal>unpack-dependencies</goal>
			</goals>
			<configuration>
				<includeScope>compile</includeScope>
				<excludeScope>test</excludeScope>
				<outputDirectory>target/classes</outputDirectory>
			</configuration>
		</execution>
	</executions>
</plugin>
<plugin>
	<version>2.3.1</version>
	<configuration>
		<classesDirectory>target/classes</classesDirectory>
		<archive>
			<manifest>
				<mainClass>mypackage.MyClass</mainClass>
				<addDefaultImplementationEntries>true</addDefaultImplementationEntries>
			</manifest>
		</archive>
	</configuration>
</plugin>

Re: Why would "unpack-dependencies" sometimes not do its job?

Posted by Vincent Latombe <vi...@gmail.com>.
Or, since you have classes,
http://mojo.codehaus.org/build-helper-maven-plugin/add-resource-mojo.html

Vincent

Posted by Vincent Latombe <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "KARR, DAVID (ATTSI)" <dk...@att.com>.

Posted by "KARR, DAVID (ATTSI)" <dk...@att.com>.

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
default is:

Posted by "KARR, DAVID (ATTSI)" <dk...@att.com>.

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.

Posted by "KARR, DAVID (ATTSI)" <dk...@att.com>.

Posted by "KARR, DAVID (ATTSI)" <dk...@att.com>.

I don't know, but I'll pay attention to that the next time I see this happen.